A forum for those interested in the work of Christopher S. Hyatt Ph.D.
When asked about the LucSoc (Luciferian Society), people seem to find it odd that not only are we not disciples of the work of Michael Ford, we are not Satanists by any traditional guideline.
We are not a spiritual group, although we reserve the right to perform masses and rituals. We are not a magickal group, although we exist to the benefit of skilled magickians.
We are not "followers of Dr. Christopher Hyatt", although many have found his 2nd wave techniques of UnDoing and Energized Meditation invaluable.
We certainly don’t worship anything, although various egregores exist to serve us. We see organized religions, especially the 3 primary viruses, as de-evolution.
To understand what we are, you must understand where we came from. The Luciferian Society was started by Mobius Frame, under the direction of Dr. Hyatt and Nick Tharcher in 2002-2003, when he began training with Dr. Hyatt.
Lucifer/Prometheus, as described by Christopher S. Hyatt in Pacts with the Devil, was Mobius Frame's original inspiration for naming the group:
Luciferian = anti-belief, pro-empiricism, pro-action (generally).
Society: a group of people who share an interest/aim.
Therefore, being a meme-bearer of The Luciferian Society means one believes nothing, thinks for itself, builds it's life into a work of art.
Hyatt specifically stated that officially designated NO ONE to carry on his work. Currently, The Luciferian Society in the process of working with Original Falcon Press on several projects, including establishing a training system based on Hyatt's Energized Hypnosis and Radical Undoing series (http://www.originalfalcon.com/authors.php?lookup=christopher_hyatt).
There will also be opportunity to work directly with LucSoc meme-beareres trained one on one by Dr. Hyatt, as The Luciferian Society is home to individuals, psychotherapists and psychiatrists who have trained directly under Dr. Hyatt. Some of our therapists and advisors have 5-30 years of experience working one on one with Dr. Hyatt.
The overall goal of The Luciferian Society is the same as Hyatt specified (http://neweii.com/drhyatt/extreme_individual_institute.html):
"My concern is channeling the younger mariginals into science and art, etc, and away from the destruction of potential genes into nesting, digesting, and congesting." Dr. C. S. Hyatt Ph.D.
Our purpose could be stated simply: The LucSoc exists to encourage individual evolution though the application of 3rd Wave techniques.
The "Wave Paradigm" of human philosophical evolution is, basically, as follows:
1st Wave: Concerned the people and principles of the Magic/k & Myth period. The Masons, The Rosicrucians, The Golden Dawn, the OTO, The A:. A:., their predecessors, etc..
2nd Wave: The Hyatt/Leary/Burroughs/RAW/McKenna/etc.. wave, parallel to the Chaos Magick and Discordianism currents. Related to the invention of LSD and the social unrest of the 60's
3rd Wave: The specific application of refined, effective techniques of the 1st & 2nd Waves to promote self evolution and power. The generation of further philosophies of personal power and self development.
The very core of our 3rd Wave movement is identified in a few, ever expanding areas we deem necessary for increased development. Echoing within each is the simple axiom: Reject what is static and stagnant – embrace the dynamic. Challenge yourself!
Our members receive access to experts in everything from Martial Arts to Law, from Research Biologists to Psychiatrists to Magickians. Only those actively applying the below rise to our highest ranks, and at that level our collective expertise is at the disposal of the member, who is expected to act in kind (Quid Pro Quo). In short, those who come to us with potential are refined into their most realistic ideal, their shortcomings obliterated and their latent talents refined. They then become prepared to accept their birthright from the perspective of accomplishment, their magick becomes focused and their ability to create their own reality is realized. To achieve this, we have recognized a general guideline:
1. You must be articulate. In other words, you must be able to communicate your points verbally and in writing, succinctly. You may have the greatest leadership skills and the most cutting edge ideas, but if you cannot communicate them in an intelligent manner, it is the same as not possessing the skill in the first place.
2. You must possess a functional understanding of leadership principles. If you do not know how to lead, you cannot possibly expect people to know how to follow you. Basic study of sociology, political science and business are good ways to foster this understanding.
3. You must develop and nurture an analytical mind. An analytical mind helps one remain reasonable and logical, even when overcome with emotional bias. Further, this mind possesses the key to separating you from your primal urges and vestigial instincts. A keen knowledge of physical emotional responses helps you not only to read others, but to understand your own internal dialogue. Emotions are indicators to pay attention to – not laws by which to live ones life.
4. You must make your body strong and healthy. Mother DNA has granted us all the ability to improve the basic strength of almost every system in our bodies. Doing so not only helps reinforce the separation of mind/body that develops through rigorous exercise, but ultimately prepares you for a more rigorous pursuit of evolution. As a side benefit, the core skills necessary to defend yourself, those you care about and your property become more powerful – and more recognizable. Your body is the most easily recognizable testament to your mastery of self-discipline.
5. You must learn to defend yourself and that which is dear to you. To lead is to be challenged. Although your methods are left to your preference, you should participate in sparring whenever possible so that you may learn to feel the damage one body can inflict upon another. This is the only way you will further evaluate the damage you can inflict upon another.
6. You must be able to quiet your thoughts. A daily practice of meditation is essential for the development of your inner eye, which is the key that will open every portal you encounter. We recommend a course of study beginning with the Mahasatipatthana Sutta. Liber MMM by Peter Carroll is another valued course of study.
7. Your magick must be effective and results oriented. Dogmatic and spiritual methods negatively impact your ability to remain autonomous. Paradigms which require you to barter with entities should be avoided at all costs.
8. Your mind must remain free from Dogmatic attachment. Acts of “faith”, while acts of genuine risk, seldom play to your advantage outside of religious tracts. The belief in a power greater than one’s self serves to limit the potential of the individual to a set of fictitious constructs completely outside the control of the individual. The only limitation, be it physical, mental or emotional comes from Mother DNA Herself. Your mind must remain open so that you can realize any other limitation is SELF-IMPOSED.
9. You must absorb your legacy and re-design your personal myths. Although it is not necessary to have an intimate relationship with 2nd wave materials, a broad understanding of the works of the 2nd wave will provide a theoretical groundwork for your personal 3rd wave application. Where they provide techniques in theory, we have refined and combined them in practice.
10. You must develop the skill to multitask. This skill is crucial to advancement. It is also good to learn to turn one eye inward, and one eye outward when operating on any level.
11. You must develop a variety of skills. Any one of which could facilitate your survival or increase your value to a service based community. Your skills are the currency beyond currency.
12. You must remain educated about the world around you. The study of newspapers and periodicals of a national and international variety will help you understand the various factors in play around you politically, economically and developmentally. Blogs and other on-line resources are also important for this purpose.
13. You must appreciate the creativity and creation around you. A taste for aesthetically pleasing pastimes such as music and the arts, and a developed sense of humor is critical. Intellectuals often chose comedy as a medium for communication of ideas not-grasped by the general populace, but overlooked because of the humorous context.
14. "Everyone must buy their own ticket to the starship."~ C.S. Hyatt Ph.D. Members should have careers that afford them some luxuries, LucSoc meets and parties. We do not provide charity to our members except under the most horrible circumstances.
15. Finally, as has been implied, bow down to no dog or man.
These tenets will remain fluid and changing as changing times demand. The 3rd Wave is a dynamic culture, ever changing to adapt to the current landscape.
If what I have said has resonance within you, visit us at: http://theluciferiansociety.com/
Or feel free to directly join the forum: http://lucsoc.x10.mx/index.php